[GLOSS News] Whitewater Rafting

GLOSS gloss at gloss.org
Tue Jun 17 06:56:14 MST 2008

The Woods Campground has organized a few trips down the Lehigh River!
Our friends at Pocono Whitewater have agreed to develop a group outing
including round trip transportation from the campground!

Our first trip is on Sunday, June 29th leaving the camp at 10am.

This trip is eight miles and 3 to 4 hours long!  The plentiful riffles
and mild water of the Lehigh are occasionally interspersed with a
touch of Class II whitewater.  This is a great trip for relaxing in
the sun, enjoying the passing scenery, kicking your feet over the edge
of the raft, or taking a swim in the river!  Also included is a FREE,
All-You-Can-Eat BBQ lunch midway (hotdogs, potato salad, chips, fruit,
potato chips, lemonade, etc.)

$35.69 per person (includes tax and transportation)

Please  call, email or stop in the office to reserve your seat!
Deadline for reservation is this Sunday!  610-377-9577.

Pocono Whitewater is a gay friendly business.

Web: www.poconowhitewater.com

Email: info at thewoodscampground.com with questions.

If you want to participate but are not camping that weekend, you can
drive to camp and hop on the bus.  Of course, no camping fees will be
charged to keep your car parked.

Other rafting dates are:

Sat. 7/26 - Night Trip!

Sun. 8/31 - Labor Day Weekend