[GLOSS News] Skiing and Snow Tubing with PhilaVentures - Jan 8, 2006

GLOSS Info Info at gloss.org
Sat Dec 10 21:43:09 MST 2005

Snow Tubing and Downhill Skiing on Blue Mountain
Sunday, January 8, 2006

Join PhilaVentures for another day of snow tubing at Blue Mountain Ski Area.
Or, if you prefer, use a different slice of the mountain for downhill skiing.
We had a great time last three years and look forward to a fun filled repeat!
We will tube from 12:30 p.m. until late afternoon.
Downhill skiing from 10:30 a.m. until late afternoon.
Please note the two different start times.

Tubing and downhill runs at Blue Mountain are located at the base of the
mountain near the Valley Lodge, where we will purchase our tickets. Then grab a
tube or skis and hit the slides / slopes.

For downhill skiing, this is an easy to moderate mountain, so this is a good ski
day trip for beginners & intermediates.

Lift tickets for the tubing are $18 per person.
Ski lift tickets are about $45.
Tubers will meet at the Valley Lodge at 12:15 p.m. sharp.  Purchase your own
tubing ticket.
Everyone should dress warm, bring gloves hat and don't forget your coats.

Skiers meet at the Valley Lodge at 10:15 a.m. sharp.  Buy your own lift ticket.
Ski Group leaves for the slops at 10:30 a.m.  If you miss us on the first round,
we will be in the cafeteria in the Valley Lodge at 1:30 p.m.  If you are renting
ski equipment arrive 1 hour earlier.  Be dressed and equipped for downhill
skiing by 10:15 a.m.  We will not wait for latecomers or unequipped skiers.

>From Philadelphia, Blue Mountain is 75 miles: Take Route 476 North to Lehigh
Valley Exit 56. After the toll booth, bear right and take Route 22 East
approximately five miles to Route 145 North (Macarthur Road). Go approximately
nine miles to the traffic light at far end of long bridge. Turn right onto Blue
Mountain Drive and go approximately three miles to the traffic light in
Cherryville. Go straight through Cherryville approximately three miles to
Danielsville. Go straight through Danielsville to the entrance sign just past
the top of the mountain.

The two groups will have dinner together at Perkins Family Restaurant at the end
of our tubing / skiing extravaganza. Meals run from $5 to $15.
Reservations with PhilaVentures for those needing rides are required by January
2nd.

Tubers contact Mary and Trish at 610-247-3157 or e-mail at musicmoc1 at juno.com

Skiers contact Michael at mfxr at comcast.net (preferred) or cell on the day of the
event until 10:30 a.m. at
610-209-1610.

Both Tubing and Skiing are sports with inherent risks.  All participants are
required to sign a waiver of liability form for PhilaVentures the morning of
the event.  You are responsible for your own conduct and safety.